Did you know students can have a rewarding job without a college degree?
Did you know advanced manufacturing companies across the United States are looking for passionate, skilled craftspeople to carry on traditional trades work? Unfortunately, many students lack the resources and training needed to successfully master a trade, creating a skills gap in the American workforce.
Bringing Students & Businesses Together
“After our field trip to Tanglewood and working with your craftsman, my students have not stopped talking about how they cannot wait to go back to Tanglewood and learn more about the trade!”
– Teacher at the Caroline County & Technology Center
Real-life experience, lifelong friendships, networking opportunities and endless fun learning the tricks of the trade from some of the industry leaders here on the Eastern Shore – this is what Tanglewood Conservatories aims to bring to students.
How are we going to accomplish this?
Tanglewood Conservatories has partnered with Caroline County Public Schools and Caroline County Economic Development to create the Advanced Manufacturing and Production Technology program (AMP), a high-level program dedicated to INSPIRING and EMPOWERING high school students seeking a future in advanced manufacturing.
Get an inside look at our program HERE!
Did You Know?
- U.S. manufacturers are responsible for 47% of total U.S. exports.
- In 2014, the average manufacturing worker in the U.S. earned $79,553 annually, including pay and benefits.
- More than HALF A MILLION skilled manufacturing jobs remain unfilled due to the labor skills gap in the U.S.
- Over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed, and 2 million are expected to go unfilled due to the skills gap.
- “84 percent of manufacturing executives agree there is a talent shortage in US manufacturing…” according to Craig Giffi, vice chairman, Deloitte LLP, and US automotive sector leader.
Click the links to read more from our references.
Changing the World
The program will launch in the fall of 2016! READ BELOW to see our contributors!
- Caroline County Economic Development Corporation
- Tanglewood Conservatories
- Combined Technology Solutions
- Caroline County Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland State Department of Education
- Caroline County Public Schools
- Hinkley Yachts
- Knaggs Guitars